My Marans Flock

Monday, September 27, 2010

Friendship

Friendship has been a toughy for me. I have a hard time trusting people and not many people understand me. Some think they can control me, others lose contact.

Living on a farm restricts me to go on vacation nor visit people. I don't mind it. I love doing what I do. New adventures occur every day and when I do go to town I have interesting moments. For example, the other day I was at Target just getting light bulbs for my brooders. I little unruly 4 year old boy runs from his mom and slaps my butt! I was with my mom. She responds to this 

"You are supposed to be attracting a husband, not children." 

We both laughed at the incident. The mom of the boy was embarrassed but it sure woke me up! I was sleepy all day. 

I have many friends on facebook and in forums. I haven't met half of them but we have one interest; we all love birds, whether quail, chickens, ducks, guinea fowl, we can share information and help others. Although I don't know many in person, they are very important in my life; many have farms of their own and give suggestions, ways of improving my business. We trade eggs, help out with naming button quail and Coturnix color varieties, etc...When I am down, they are there for me; these are true friends. 

Sometimes on Forums there are those that will annoy the heck out of you, put you down, criticize you....those are not friends, even if they say they are...I try not to deal with those people. I recently had to leave a forum due to that and I am very unhappy about leaving but I believe the forum will go on without me and that although I benefited the members, I do need a break from it. I may come back but for now I just cannot deal with it. As many of you know, I am a VERY emotional person and I love to learn but also I would never give someone false information. All the information I give out is from a trusted source and I stand behind it. 

To conclude,  this is what made my day yesterday: A dear friend emailed me with this message:

"BE YOU! don't every apologize for yourself and don't ever feel the need to defend what you feel, think or believe! Ever! Do the best you can, follow your heart and you will shine when others grow dim!"




2 comments:

  1. Thanks I guess I'm not a true friend to you, since I wasn't mentioned

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete